Welcome !

This blog is a record of running a 50 year old classic car as essential transport and for road trips.

It is here to prepare those who might be tempted to do the same, they require mental and physical stamina, tenacity and transportational back up (not necessarily in that order). It has been challenging, time consuming, frustrating, nerve wracking but very rewarding and enjoyable.

My Jensen CV8 is being driven, not stuck in a garage collecting dust, it is not a concours condition car, and in a lot of respects is showing its age, but it creates interest where ever I go and is great fun to drive.

This blog is dedicated to my family and friends who have to put up with the sweet(?) smell of oil and leather, car seats that only reach half way up your back, front seat belts that attempt to garrotte you every time you turn a corner at speed, and the need for ear defenders at any speed above 50 mph.

Thursday 19 August 2010

Got the car out of the drive this morning and noticed a small pool of oil beneath the engine, on investigation the connecting pipes to the oil filter are at fault. One of them has a small leak, not around the joints but on the body of the pipe. Strange because they are made of metal, are not chafing against anything, and show no corrosion on the outside. I am reasonably confident that they have not corroded from the inside as they contain oil....so I'm scratching my head a bit as to the problem.

Anyway, as the leak is fairly small I still drove to work and have bandaged the leaking area with some rubberised tape.

I've called Cropredy for replacements, one pipe has been located (sod's law it's not the one that's leaking) and are trying to locate the other.......I will conduct the necessary autopsy as to the cause of the leak when I've replaced them.

Mileage 182,087

No comments:

Post a Comment