Welcome !

This blog is a record of running a 50 year old classic car as essential transport and for road trips.

It is here to prepare those who might be tempted to do the same, they require mental and physical stamina, tenacity and transportational back up (not necessarily in that order). It has been challenging, time consuming, frustrating, nerve wracking but very rewarding and enjoyable.

My Jensen CV8 is being driven, not stuck in a garage collecting dust, it is not a concours condition car, and in a lot of respects is showing its age, but it creates interest where ever I go and is great fun to drive.

This blog is dedicated to my family and friends who have to put up with the sweet(?) smell of oil and leather, car seats that only reach half way up your back, front seat belts that attempt to garrotte you every time you turn a corner at speed, and the need for ear defenders at any speed above 50 mph.

Monday 3 May 2010

Bank holiday Monday and it's ............raining. Road trip day today, Jake (the dog), me and the Jensen off to the Bedfordshire Classic Motor Show at Woburn Abbey.

I spoke to Derek, the local Jensen Owners Club contact and he says I should be able to get on the stand by buying my way in on the day. Obviously I didn't tell him about the state of the car, just hinted that it was my daily transport and that it wasn't concours condition :-). I did wash it this morning, just getting rid of the frostbite enough to type!

Given the weather and lack of garage, I've only managed to cure the exhaust noise (had to as grounding the car on a speed bump made it a lot worse - see separate blog for rant on speed bumps). Good news though it was as I suspected the smaller gasket between the manifold and the down pipe causing the problem, the new copper manifold gaskets are holding secure....well worth the exta £££s.

No comments:

Post a Comment