Welcome !

This blog is a record of running a 50 year old classic car as essential transport and for road trips.

It is here to prepare those who might be tempted to do the same, they require mental and physical stamina, tenacity and transportational back up (not necessarily in that order). It has been challenging, time consuming, frustrating, nerve wracking but very rewarding and enjoyable.

My Jensen CV8 is being driven, not stuck in a garage collecting dust, it is not a concours condition car, and in a lot of respects is showing its age, but it creates interest where ever I go and is great fun to drive.

This blog is dedicated to my family and friends who have to put up with the sweet(?) smell of oil and leather, car seats that only reach half way up your back, front seat belts that attempt to garrotte you every time you turn a corner at speed, and the need for ear defenders at any speed above 50 mph.

Tuesday 25 May 2010

I haven't driven the Jensen for for 2 days, away with work, in any case it needed a rest after the hard driving at the weekend.

I had a few hours to spend on the car tonight. The noise from the engine, suspected water pump, is definitely the alternator. I took off the fan belt and span (spun?) the pulleys on both.
Strange because I had it refurbed about 10 years ago!

While I was oiled up I had a bit of a root around:
  • Handbrake, it was a bit loose, the culprit was a missing pad.
  • Suspension, a cracked rubber on the track rod end....about time to replace.
  • Probably due for an oil filter change as well.
I'll call up Cropredy tomorrow with a bit of a shopping list......I hope it's a sunny weekend!

Mileage 177,407

No comments:

Post a Comment